It's time for the 3rd Annual Fall Harvest Smackdown!! Even though my garden was a bit of a bust this year because of all the extenuating circumstances, i do have a few options for the secret ingredient. This secret ingredient will, of course, remain secret until the the day before the meal. If this is your first time to the Fall Harvest Smackdown, or for those who forgot, here are the rules:
1) dishes will be judged on a) presentation (that means you lose points if you serve your dishes in tupperware) b) taste and c) originality/creativity
2) all dishes must incorporate the secret ingredient
3) extra points will be rewarded for using local products for your other ingredients
4) you must cook as a team
5) finished dishes must be on the table at our house, plated and ready to eat by 6:30 pm.
6) judging will be by peer review
This year the Fall Harvest Smackdown will be on Saturday, Oct. 16. That means I will announce the secret ingredient here on the blog Friday, Oct. 15 at 5:00 pm. At that time they will also be ready for pick up. You are also welcome to anything else you want to take from the garden.
This year registration will be a little different. To register to compete you must post your team name and teammembers to the comment board here on this blog entry. If you are looking for teammates, you can also post to the blog to find cooking partners.
And finally, in addition to the usual fun and good eats of the fall harvest smackdown, this year the artist will be premiering his labor of love: the documentary he has been working hard on since last year's competition. Hopefully he will have a trailer available soon as a little teaser of what's to come.
Last year the Bradley's swept all the fields. Is there anyone who will challenge them this year? Can you take on the the Bake-a-holic or Team Fashionista?
A complete wrap up of last year's competition can be found here.