Welcome competitors, here are the rules for the 2nd annual FALL HARVEST SMACKDOWN!!
1) dishes will be judged on a) presentation (that means you lose points if you serve your dishes in tupperware Zach and Brenda) b) taste and c) orgininality/creativity
2) dishes must incorporate the secret ingredient
3) extra points will be rewarded for using local products for your other ingredients
4) you must cook as a team
5) finished dishes must be on the table at our house, plated and ready to eat by 6:30 pm.
6) judging will be by peer review
And finally, here is a small hint regarding the secret ingredient:
I will announce the secret ingredient here on the blog Friday, Oct. 9 at 5:00 pm. At that time they will also be ready for pick up. I will also have a host of other garden produce (cucumber, tomato, a variety of chile, eggplants, squash) available if you want any, provided we get them out of the garden before the frost kills everything. You don't have to take any though, since Vero was mad last year i gave her so many extra tomatoes when she already had more at home than she knew what to do with.