Saturday, February 7, 2009

year in review (2008 that is)

I know, it's already February, but over the holiday break i wanted to do a little year-in-review post. i never got around to it, but i thought i'd do it now before half the year is over and i have to start thinking about 2009. So here it is: 2008 in pictures.

I totaled this car
I grew some things in the garden


Some things grew in my yard



sand sage lit up by the evening light

indian paintbrush finally started to reseed and get established







Caitydid's blossoming heart opuntia


Leti learned to cook


My dogs got muddy
Judith had a quinceX2 on my newly finished (almost) back porch


I got to play cowboy with Trigger



I raced and rode my bike a lot


including Lotoja for the 4x.



T-dub got over being mad at me for making her race. She ended up winning "rookie of the year" for the CX season (she even got a little trophy).


I had a birthday


After 6 years of not skiing because i was spending my winter breaks and weekends procrastinating my dissertation, i finally started to ski again.


And i finally did defend and finish my dissertation and get to wear a big gown and funny hood for graduation.


On my bike i got to see some great sunrises

some nice sunsetsand some just plain funny stuff



The bush admin is finally gone


But there's plenty to still lament including election of these two clowns

No comments: